Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why everyone needs to own an antique


You may be wondering 'do I really need an antique piece in my life'? The answer is an undoubtable YES! Here's a little story about how I became interested in antiques...

My interest in antiques began when my husband and I acquired a beautiful dining room set from our great aunt. I never had a chance to meet her, but somehow, having her dining room set in our house made me relate to her. I could appreciate her appreciation for furniture. She obviously had great taste and knew quality! I could tell how little or much she used the table by the markings on it. And I imagine the numerous times she sat down in the same chair to serve her guests, to share stories and some laughs.

You see... antiques will outlive us, but they'll continue to be enjoyed by our children, our grandchildren and many future generations. A great antique is worth it's money. As long as you appreciate and love it.

Maybe someday, someone will buy our dining set and appreciate it all over again with future generations!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to buy your dining room set. How much?

    ReplyDelete